Nicole Richie, the famous fashion designer literally had a fiery birthday bash! She accidentally set her hair on fire while blowing candles on her cake.
The business mogul was celebrating her 40th birthday on Tuesday night amongst her prestigious guest list in an outdoor setting. As soon as she leaned to blow out the candles – poof and her hair were on fire from both ends.
She posted the picture on her Instagram with a caption “Well… so far 40 is 🔥”
Her husband Joel Madden, the lead singer of the band Good Charlotte commented “that’s hot”, re-living the catchy phrase Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton had made popular during their “the simple life” days in the early 2000s.
Ellen Pompeo, Kelly Rowland, Zooey Deschanel, and Amy Schumer came forward to ask about her wellbeing and asked her if she was ok after the small fire incident.
Husband Madden shared the video of Nicole’s hair catching fire on his Instagram with the caption “happy birthday Nicole. You’ve made love feel timeless. I’ve forgotten how old we are.”
Nicole Richie and Joel Madden have a daughter Harlow Winter Kate who is 13 years old and a son named Sparrow James Midnight, aged 11.
Nicole was adopted by famous singer Lionel Richie. He also posted a heartfelt wish on her birthday saying how Nicole has been butterflies and rainbows all her life. He further stated, “but you will always be my little girl, no matter how many birthdays we celebrate.”
Nicole Richie has been doing good not only on a personal level but in her career as well. She judged a reality show “Making the cut” as well as regularly getting featured in the sitcom “Great News”.