The San Pedro area in Los Angeles was the location of the Sunday shooting, during which two people were killed and at least five others were wounded. As a result, the Los Angeles Police Department has issued a “tactical alert” for the whole city.
Peck Park in San Pedro was the location of the incident, which took place at around 3:51 P.M. on the 560 block of North Western Avenue.
At first, emergency medical services authorities in Los Angeles said that seven persons had been hurt in the incident.
According to CBS Los Angeles, a representative of the Los Angeles Fire Department said at a news conference that two of those persons passed away as a result of their injuries while being treated at nearby hospitals.
The Harbor Division of the LAPD was sent to the location after 911 callers reported the shooting incident, according to the LAPD.
According to the LA EMS, the shooting was allegedly heard in the vicinity of a car show that was taking place in the park next to a baseball field.
The authorities have said that they have discovered several firearms and that they think there were at least 2 shooters. They have also stated that they believe this shooting was not random and may have been the result of a quarrel between two distinct persons.
The police said that the vehicle show had not been granted a permit, but the show had attracted a large number of visitors to the park. According to KTLA, there may have been as many as 500 people there when the incident took place.
It has been determined that the whole of Peck Park, which is a leisure area for inhabitants of San Pedro, is to be treated as a crime scene.
According to a statement released by the fire department, paramedics transported seven people, including 4 men and 3 women, to local hospitals following the incident. In the statement, it was said that “there are no other patients remaining at the scene” and it was also mentioned that the circumstances behind the shooting have not yet been substantiated