Julie “Tawny” Kitaen, a 1980s actress who glammed it up in a series of famous music videos, died at the age of 59 in Newport Beach, Calif, on Friday, according to the Orange County coroner’s office. Julian Kitaen Death has left many in deep grief.
Some Important Facts
- The coroner’s office, which named her as Tawny Finley, did not have an explanation for Julian Kitaen’s death.
- Kitaen featured in a number of music videos for Whitesnake, a British punk band, and RATT, an American glam metal band.
- Kitaen was starred in a variety of films, most famously as Tom Hanks’ girlfriend in 1984’s Bachelor Party.
- She experimented with substance addiction, something she shared on VH1’s Celebrity Treatment with Dr. Drew, and was convicted in 2006 for cocaine use (which resulted in her entering a six-month opioid rehab program) and driving under the influence in 2009.
- Kitaen has left two daughters from her marriage to former Major League Baseball player Chuck Finley.
Born in San Diego, Kitaen got public recognition in 1983 as she posed for the cover of the self-titled debut album of RATT and in 1984 for its subsequent release “Out of the Cellar”. During that time Kitaen was in a relationship with the guitarist of RATT. Her most notable and famous performance is known to be from 1987 as she took part in the hit single of Whitesnake “Here I Go Again”. From 1989 to 1991, she was married to the lead singer of Whitesnake named David Coverdale. In the field of acting, she appeared in multiple films which include Dead Tides, White Hat and Witchboard.
She also took part in a TV Sitcom episode called The One With The Nose Job. From 1997 to 2002, she was married to Chuck Finley, a popular baseball player. According to TMZ, they got divorced right after she exhibited domestic violence as she kicked her husband with high heels. Owning to the charges, she also had to undergo a counseling program on domestic violence.
In the past few years, she had been seeing in multiple reality shows which include Botched and The Surreal Life. On her twitter account, she made her last tweet on May 6, thanking one of his fans for making her drawing.
According to Kitaen, she had more wealth than Coverdale at the time she got featured in the videos of Whitesnake. While talking to the podcast Ouch, she said that Coverdale was in debt of 2 million dollars to David Giffen during that period. Kitaen said that she was making much more money than David Coverdale and thus she supported him.