Famous YouTube sensation and music entrepreneur Jamal Edwards died of recreational drugs, as revealed by his mother.

Jamal Edwards who was said to be the mastermind behind the launching of famous superstars Ed Sheeran and Dave died at the age of 31 in February this year.

Jamal Edwards mother Brenda Edwards who is also a panelist at loose women and a singer released a statement saying she was “in a state of shock” after she found out the cause of death.

Edwards died from an arrhythmia caused by recreational drugs.

“I have sadly learned that the cause of Jamal’s devastating passing was due to cardiac arrhythmia,” she said. “[This was] caused by having taken recreational drugs and I wanted to address this myself to everyone who loved, admired, and respected my son.”

“Since finding out the news I’ve been in a state of shock, and I am still trying to process it. But it’s so important to me that I do address it as no mother or any loved one should have to go through what Jamal’s sister, Tanisha, and I have been through since he passed.”

Brenda Edwards released an official statement on Instagram and Twitter after the inquest of her son’s death was held at a coroner’s court in west London.

Catherine Wood, the coroner stated that “Jamal Edwards came home late one evening after work and he became increasingly agitated and suffered a cardiac arrest, and was deteriorating despite treatment”.

Catherine Duddy Wood is an American investor and the founder
atozmarkets.com

She further added that a post-mortem indicated that “reason to suspect the death is an unnatural death”

Brenda Edwards further quoted that she was immensely touched by the outpour of support and love to the family she received after the death of her son.

“You are all helping us try to get through the unimaginable,” she said.

She further described her son as a “world at his fingertips – a zest for life and he was unwittingly taken away far too soon”.

“Yet we have to come to terms with what has happened, and Jamal is proof that this can happen to anyone.“These types of substances are extremely unpredictable, and we can only hope that this will encourage others to think wisely when faced with similar situations in the future. His passing has shown that any one bad decision on any one occasion can lead to devastating consequences.”

“I would do anything to have my son back but that is just not possible so if I can help save one life, then we will have achieved something,” she said.

According to the details Jamal Edwards died of a cardiac arrest on 20th February at his mom’s place in Acton, an area located in West London.