Being one of the leading social media apps, TikTok has constantly been introducing new features to engage its 1 billion active users. In fact, it recently rolled out newer functions like watch history, profile view history, and TikTok playlists to attract unique audiences.
Reposting is one of the most useful features on TikTok so far. However, some users struggle to learn how exactly it works. We thought you might also need a guide on learning this new feature, so here is a quick manual on how to repost on TikTok.
Also, we have answered some most asked questions at the end of this guide to clear confusion regarding other features of this app.
What is the repost feature on TikTok?
TikTok has introduced the repost feature to let the users on the app share their favorite content with their followers. Now via this feature, users no more have to create a duet or crop a video themselves to share someone’s video because all of that can be done with this one clip due to this feature.
That said, what exactly is this feature? Simply put it, the repost feature enables users to share any video on the platform with their followers. Like Instagram and Facebook, where you share/repost videos without claiming ownership, TikTok’s feature works the same way.
How to Repost on TikTok?
Now that you know the basics of this feature let’s hop on to learn how this useful feature works. We have individually discussed how to use this feature on Android and iOS.
How to Repost on TikTok on an iPhone?
If you have an iPhone and are wondering how to repost on TikTok, follow the instructions below:
- Unlock your iPhone, navigate the TikTok app and launch it on your phone
- Now open the video/TikTok you want to share and tap the share option (the forward arrow icon) on the right
- Scroll down and under the ‘Send to’ section, you will be offered different platforms to share your video. Tap the ‘Repost’ option appearing in yellow.
- After that, a confirmation pop-up will appear, asking you to add any caption for you repost video.
That’s all. Your favorite TikTok video will be reposted to your account to be seen by your followers.
How to Repost on TikTok using an Android Phone
While the reposting method is the same for both operating systems, we have still detailed it below to eliminate any confusion.
- Unlock your Android device and find the TikTok app
- Launch the app and go to your favorite video
- Since TikTok’s user interface is the same for both iOS and Android, you will find a forward arrow on the right below the corner of your screen, just as on an iPhone.
- Tap it and you will find a yellow color ‘repost’ option. Tap to repost the video on your profile.
- A confirmation screen will appear next. Confirm it and provide a caption for you to repost if you want.
That’s how you repost a TikTok on Android using the new feature.
How to undo a repost on TikTok?
If you accidentally repost a TikTok or change your mind after reposting a video on the platform, here is how you can undo it.
- Open the TikTok app on your phone
- Go to the reposted video and tap the forward arrow again
- Next you will see the ‘remove repost’ option, tap it
- A pop-up will appear confirming to remove the repost, tap ‘remove’ to confirm
- In a bit, the video will be removed from your profile.
The repost undo-ing feature is equally important as the repost feature itself, as sometimes, due to app glitches, some inappropriate content gets shared to your account that you did not intend to share. This is when this undo feature comes into play.
How to disable Repost on TikTok?
For any reason, if you want to disable the repost feature on your TikTok, here is how you can turn it off.
- Unlock your device and open the TikTok app
- Find the three horizontally aligned lines on the top right corner of your screen and tap
- Go to the ‘Settings and Privacy’ option and select ‘Privacy’
- Scroll down in the Safety option and look for the Repost feature
- Now turn the toggle off for ‘video reposts’
FINALLY, we heard you say. Now you won’t be getting the repost feature on your TikTok unless you enable it back. However, if some time at a later date you decide to enable it again, check below.
How to enable Repost on TikTok?
If you don’t find the repost option on your TikTok, there could be two reasons: it is not available in your region, or you have disabled it, which is why you cannot see it. Here is how you can try to get it back.
- Go to your TikTok account and tap ‘Profile’
- Again tap the three horizontal lines on top right corner
- Go to ‘Settings and Privacy’ and select ‘Privacy’
- Go to the ‘Safety’ section and find the Repost option listed under it
- Turn the toggle on for Repost
That’s it. yours repost feature will be enabled again. Now repost whatever reel you like, and have fun!
Why are you unable to repost on TikTok?
If you are not getting a repost option on TikTok, there are two possibilities either you have disabled the feature or have not updated your app. If you are using an Android device and have turned on the automatic update feature, your apps will get automatically updated; however, if not, you can go to the Play store and search TikTok. There you will get an app update option, tap it to start updating your app.
Is the Repost feature available for every video on TikTok?
Unfortunately, you cannot just repost any video on the platform. Currently, you can only share the videos in your ‘For You’ section on the app. Also, sometimes you are unable to share a video on TikTok because the owner has disabled the sharing option on their video. That said, if you really want that video, you can search for other users who have shared this video by their own methods. Once you get it, share it with your followers.
So this was the guide on how to repost on TikTok. If you have any questions, let us know we will try to address them via another guide. Also, don’t get stressed if you are unable to find this feature on your app. As we previously said, it may not be available for all regions. In fact, until March 2022, this feature was available for limited countries. Turn on the VPN and try our suggested methods to enable the feature on your TikTok.