In the beginning, the goal of Discord, a popular group-chatting software, was to offer gamers a place to connect and converse.
This social media platform has grown to include people from all over the internet, from authors to artists to K-Pop stans, since its inception in 2015. Because so many individuals have been working, gaming, and socializing online throughout the epidemic, the site claims to have over 140 million active monthly users.
Each channel on a server is typically devoted to a particular subject or has its own set of regulations. So you could have a channel where you discuss video games, another for general chit-chat, and still another for cat photos. The options are limitless. It’s free to start your own server and join others. If you have a server on Discord you would certainly like to know how to mute someone on Discord.
There are many Discord servers, each with a specific focus. There’s a high possibility a Discord server exists for anything you’re interested in.
This is particularly true for servers dedicated to video games, which account for the majority of all servers on Discord.
Why mute someone on Discord?
Online communication may be difficult. Text is a poor medium for conveying nuance, and voice chat makes it all too easy to speak over others.
If someone is typing too loudly, eating too near to the microphone, or otherwise interfering with your ability to communicate, you may wish to just silence them.
The good news is that there are many ways to silence individuals in Discord. If you don’t want to hear what other people are saying, you can silence them in a voice channel. You may also mute someone to avoid getting alerts if they send you too many messages.
You will still be able to contact each other and view each other’s messages if you share chats with them. You must first block them in order to accomplish this.
Using the desktop or mobile software for iPhone or Android, here’s how to silence someone on Discord.
The answer to “How to mute someone on discord” lies in the two ways below:
- You may stop getting alerts when someone messages you in Discord or mute them in a voice channel.
- You can’t stop someone from contacting you if you mute them in Discord. You must block them instead.
How to mute someone on Discord
In the first place, anybody in a server’s voice channel may be muted. To do this, follow these steps:
- Get on the same voice channel as the individual whose voice you’d want to muffle.
- Open a menu by doing a right-click or tapping on their username.
- Choose “Mute.” If they’ve been using audio, it should be gone in an instant.
- Additionally, you may use the “Server Mute” option if you’re an administrator, which will muffle sounds for everyone on the server, not just you.
You have the option to turn off someone’s message alerts if they send you too many messages. The desktop application of Discord can only be used to do this action.
1. Click the Discord logo at the top of your server list on the left to get to your “Home” page.
2. Select “Mute” from the menu when you right-click on the name of someone in your Friends or Direct Messages list.
3. Selecting this option will bring up a secondary menu where you can set a time limit for when they are muted. You are free to choose any option you want.
How to mute messages on Discord?
When you mute someone’s audio, their voice won’t be heard, but they may still send you messages despite this. You may silence someone’s Discord messages by doing the following:
- First, open Discord and click the Discord logo in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Right-click on the person’s name whom you want to mute and then select the “Mute” option
- Selecting how long you want them muted is the last step. Choose from a time span ranging from 15 minutes to 24 hours, depending on your requirement. In addition, you have the option of making their communications muted forever.
How to mute all the people in a Discord server?
You can mute everyone on a Discord server if you’re the server owner or administrator.
This may be accomplished by selecting ‘Mute server’ from the context menu when you right-click on the server bubble on the left side of the screen. Select the duration of the ‘mute’ for all users. Finally, you’ve managed to mute the whole Discord server.