Do you wish to earn money by doing (almost) nothing? We know the trick!
Content creation has become a growing business around the globe. According to the statistics, it has been estimated that content creation or marketing revenue has reached nearly 66 billion dollars in 2022. In addition, the content market and creation industry is all set to double their revenues by the end of 2026.
With zero investment, you get to travel around the world, eat free meals and get discounts on different things. All you need to do is create your public account on Snapchat just like you do on Facebook to connect to a vast audience.
Since Snapchat public account creation is a relatively new feature, we have done a detailed guide on how to make a public profile on Snapchat for your help. If you have questions about the account creation or anything else, just read below. We have resolved all your queries in this guide.
10 Perks of having a public profile on Snapchat
Listed below are some of the perks of having a public profile on Snapchat,
- Having a public profile makes it easier for Snapchat users to discover your profile on Snapchat.
- A public account will get you more views and followers than a private account.
- By creating a public profile, you will be able to access unique Snapchat features.
- By creating a public profile, users will subscribe to your profile rather than add you, which helps you make money.
- With a public profile, you can still maintain your privacy by sharing your private stuff directly with your friends.
- A public account allows you to choose whether you want to display the number of followers on your profile.
- If you get successful in achieving 50k+ views on your stories on Snapchat, you will be verified by the app by getting a star on your profile.
- On a public profile, you can receive gifts from your audience that you can cash out in exchange for real money.
- On a public account, you can have meaningful insights into your audience, like where they are from and what kind of content they prefer.
- If you have a public account, you can also appear on Snapchat’s spotlight, where only top-performing public accounts can appear.
So, what do you think? Is it worth it to have a public profile on Snapchat? If you think so, then let’s begin learning how to make a public profile on Snapchat.
How to make a public profile on Snapchat?
You are lucky if you have decided to make a public account on Snapchat today because only verified accounts were able to do that back then. Now before Snapchat changes its mind, let’s learn how to create a public profile and start earning money from today!
Requirement for Public Account
Here are a few requirements that you must need to fulfil to create a public account:
- You must be at least 18-year-old or above
- Your profile must be older than 1 day
- You must have a minimum of one bi-directional friend (you both have added each other on Snapchat)
- You must follow Snapchat’s Community Guidelines
Steps to create a public profile on Snapchat
Following are the steps to create a public Snapchat profile. They are the same for both Android and iOS devices.
- Unlock your device and head to the Snapchat app. (Download from the Appstore/Play store if you don’t have it installed on your phone)
- Tap on the yellow Snapchat icon to enter the app
- Tap your bitmoji (that you have designed for your profile picture) on the top left corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and find the ‘Create Public Profile’ option under the Public Profile section
- Tap that option and then ‘continue’ at the bottom of your screen
- Now tap the ‘Get Started’ option after that to go on with your public profile-making process
- Next a ‘Create Public Profile’ prompt will appear on your screen with the option ‘create’ at the bottom of it. Tap ‘create’
- Now you will be taken back to your main profile. To see your public profile, go to the ‘Public Profiles’ section and tap ‘My Public Profile’
- From there, you can see your public Snapchat profile.
See! That’s how you make a public profile on Snapchat. Just follow the second last step to access your new profile and post stuff on it.
How to Edit public profile on Snapchat?
Once you have made your public profile, you might want to add or change some information on that public profile. Here’s how you can make edits to your newly created profile on Snapchat:
- Open the Snapchat app and tap your profile icon on the top right corner
- Scroll down to find your public profile under the ‘My Public Profile’ section
- Once you are in your public account, locate the gear icon on the top left corner of your screen and tap
- Go to the ‘Manage Public Profile’ and you will be able to make the following changes:
- Edit Profile: When you tap the edit profile button, you will be able to change your bio, and profile picture and set a new location. You can also change your subscriber count privacy.
- Save Stories: On your public profile, you can also save your current snaps for your users for later watch. Just tap ‘Save a Story to your profile then just select the stories you want to make public or save.
- Share your Profile: Here in the settings, you can also share your public profile’s URL to other apps as well. For instance, you can paste that URL on your Instagram account to ask your Insta followers to subscribe to you on Snapchat using that link.
How to Delete your Snapchat Public Profile?
For any reason, if you want to delete your public profile on Snapchat, here are the steps to follow to get rid of it.
- Open your Snapchat profile.
- Go to the settings of your public account by tapping the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Open ‘Profile Settings’ then tap ‘Delete Public Profile’
- Lastly, tap ‘Delete’ option in the red color at the bottom of the page
Note: Make sure you go for the account deletion step when you really have made up your mind, as it will delete all your hard-earned subscribers and posts along with the profile.
So that’s how you delete a public profile on Snapchat.
Can anyone make a public profile on Snapchat?
As mentioned earlier, only verified profiles were able to create public profiles on Snapchat due to the app’s policies. However, recently, the app changed its policy and allowed everyone to create a public profile.
If you are still unable to create your public profile on Snapchat, your account must be new and has not passed the 24-hour’ time span. Try creating your public profile after passing 24 hours on your current profile.
Are Public Profile and Going Public the same terms on Snapchat?
No, both the terms have unique meanings on Snapchat.
Public Profile: As we discussed above, a public profile means creating a separate profile on Snapchat that will not only be limited to your contacts but to everyone, depending on your location.
Going Public: On the contrary, going public is totally a different term which means changing your private account’s privacy from private to public. Users can see your content however; they will still need your username to access your stories.
Can you check views on your Public Profile?
You can check the number of views as well as the profiles who have watched your Snapchat stories. However, you cannot check who has viewed your public profile. For that, you can try third-party tools.
Why should you create a public profile on Snapchat?
By creating a public profile on Snapchat, you can appear more easily in the search results, you will have many more unique tools and features at your disposal and expand your profile and earn through Snapchat.
Why am I unable to create a public profile on Snapchat?
Snapchat doesn’t allow you to create a public profile if you are less than 18 years old. However, if you really want to create a public profile, we have a trick to get you through this step. Just go to the settings of your current profile and change your birth year.
Why my follower count doesn’t appear on my public profile?
When you have followers less than 5K, your public profile won’t show your count on your profile. However, as soon as you surpass that count, your new count will publicly appear on your profile.
If you are smart, you will never sleep empty stomach in the current era. With several opportunities like content creation, online tutoring, blogging etc., you can make as much money as a full-time employed worker. Snapchat brings you another easy means to earn money from the comfort of your home. Create your public profile today and start creating engaging content to gain followers. Once you cross a certain number of views, you will be offered sponsored stories in exchange for a handsome amount.