There have been several controversies involving Parler as a platform, therefore, deleting your Parler account in today’s climate makes sense. No matter the reasons behind your decision, we are here to help you learn ‘how to delete Parler account’ without complications. There is a possibility you could be looking for more than just deleting or less than deleting such as deactivating, therefore, we will be answering some questions for you about deleting, deactivating, or managing your account with regards to your subscriptions on Parler.
Deleting any of your social media accounts when you want to stop using them is much preferred over just deleting the app and moving on. This way, you can protect all your data that was available on the app, this goes especially to users of Parler, as the app has previously been targeted by hackers and several accounts were compromised. The answers to the questions below will help you learn an easy step-by-step of how to delete your account and your subscriptions in case you had a paid membership. Check out this video tutorial on how to delete Parler account.
How to delete your Parler Subscription?
For several reasons, if you are going through with deleting your Parler account, you will have to delete your subscription first, that is to remove your account payment information from the app or website.
For any Android device, you can go to the Google Play Store and go to your ‘Subscriptions’ from settings. Make sure you are signed in to the right Gmail account, that you used to pay for your subscription. Here you will find a list of all the subscriptions you’ve opted for from your Google Account. Find the one you want to cancel, and press ‘Cancel Subscription’ to confirm.
In case you are doing this from an Apple device, go to your ‘Settings’ from the main home page, and find the Subscriptions list here, if you cannot, go to your App Store and check if your Apple Id is logged in. Here you will be able to find your subscriptions easily, find the one you want to delete and go ahead to confirm. If you don’t see the one you want to unsubscribe from, it has already been canceled from your account.
Lastly, if you are using PayPal for your subscriptions, you will have to go to the website www.paypal.com to delete your subscriptions. Sign in to your account and go to Payments within Settings. Here you will find an option called “Manage Automatic Payments”, it will show you a list of your previous transactions. Click on “Bark Parental Controls” here, and confirm by pressing “Cancel Automatic Payments” it will ask you one more time for verification of decision just click on ‘Done’ and you will be unsubscribed.
How to delete Parler Account?
There are different ways to delete your Parler account via your phone or your computer. If you are deleting it via your computer, the ‘Website’ section has the guide for you, while if you are going for it via your phone, you will need to go to the ‘App’ section. Here’s how you can do it on either device.
Deleting your Parler account on a computer will require you to go to their website, login to your account before you move ahead. Here’s what you need to do after that.
- After you are done logging in to your account on the website, browse the list on the left side of the screen and click on ‘Show More’
- Here you will the ‘Settings’ options, click on that.
- This will bring up options for you on the main screen. Here you will find a section called ‘Legal’, it will give you another list that will include the option to ‘Delete Account’
- Click on the ‘Delete Account’ option it will take you to another option to confirm, click on it
Whether you have an Android or iOS smartphone, the process to delete your account is almost the same, with just a few differences. Here’s what you need to do to delete your Parler account using easy steps.
- Open the Parler app on your phone
- Click on the profile icon or the three dashed icons you find depending upon your smartphone type. It will take you to your account settings
- After you see the option for ‘Settings’, look for the ‘Privacy tab’ and click on it
- Once again this will take you to a category-leading to ‘Legal’ with further options to choose from
- Among the list of options here, select ‘Delete Account’
- It will ask you to verify your decision by entering your password and then confirm ‘Delete’ or ‘Ok’ to finalize the step
How to recover Parler Account?
Before we end this article on the guide, there is another specific query that people tend to ask a lot about. Often people who have previously accidentally or intentionally deleted their Parler account, now want to recover and revive it. We have answers for you as well, here is what you need to know about recovering your Parler account.
There are two ways you can report or claim back your request for a deleted Parler account. The first one is to simply leave a message to Parler support, through ‘Feedback’, through their show more features from the main settings. Here it will give you several options you can choose, click on ‘Support’ and leave a detailed or specific account of how your account was deleted or lost and you want to retrieve it. That or you can also email them at [email protected] where they entertain queries from users, current or former. Another one is through the sign-in form at the start of the page. Here’s how you do it.
- Immediately at the first page of the website, before logging in, there is an option of ‘Account Recovery’ that you can access
- Click on this option and provide some basic information about what happened and why you need it back
- Click on whichever situation you prefer
- Depending upon which option you chose for the previous question, you will have to put in either your email or username in the box shown below, after that click submit
- After you confirm either your username or email to them, you will receive an email connected to your account, guiding you on the process of how you can get your Parler account back
- Follow the process according to the prompts in the email and it will safely get you your account back
The final remarks on the matter are, it does not matter the reason, you should be able to delete or recover your Parler account at will. Hopefully, this guide will help you learn and implement ‘how to delete Parler account’ in addition to ‘how to recover your Parler account’, without complications.