Disney+ is a streaming platform of many entertainment seekers’ dreams, in that it brings you a diverse palette of content within one platform. This is the reason; it is one of the top platforms people seek out when looking for streaming services. It is also the reason, Disney Plus has a diverse viewership because it has a widely loved portfolio of content. It also has a lot of languages you can switch the content to, depending upon your preference. This article will teach you how to change language on Disney Plus in a few steps.
In addition to that, there will also be answers to a few more questions regarding the usage of Disney+ that you get to learn from this article. Before the guides, let’s look a little at different streaming platforms and how to choose which ones to pick.
Streaming Platforms – Who takes the win?
It might seem like a corny answer, but there truly is no one right platform to pick. Whether it’s Amazon Prime, HBO, BBC Iplayer, Netflix, or Disney Plus itself, it truly depends on what you as a viewer enjoy in the type of content you watch. People who prefer more adult and edgy content tend to choose HBO and or BBC, while Netflix is more diverse because it has something for every age or preference, whether that’s necessarily good is another debate.
In light of that, if you enjoy the content Disney puts out, in addition to Pixar and Marvel Cinematic Universe on top of the other production houses that come under Disney now, Disney Plus is a good choice to go for.
How to change the language on Disney Plus?
When people wonder about changing the language on a platform with different kinds of content, there are different types of ways that you can interpret that question. Luckily for you, we are answering both types of questions in this article. You can learn how to change the language for the titles and captions on your Disney Plus in various ways, as well as how you can change the language in the audio from the movie or show that you are watching.
The good thing about streaming platforms is that they usually have a very flexible nature, they work on Smart TVs, your smartphone as well as computer devices through the web browser. You can simply go to the Disney Plus website and log in to your account. Here’s how you can change the language preference on the platform through the web browser.
- After you are done logging in, go to the profile you want to change the language for, and click on your profile icon from the corner
- Find the ‘Settings’ option from here that will have almost all the changes you want to make stored here
- Within Settings, you will find the option for ‘Account’ alone, click on that
- After it takes you to an account web address that looks like this https://www.disneyplus.com/es-es/account click on it
- Here click on ‘Edit Profiles’ and it will take you to the list of profiles you have set up, once again click the one you want to change the language for
- It will automatically take you to settings within your desired profile, find the option for ‘Language’ here and it will give you a list of all the available languages that you can choose
- When you back after selecting your preferred language, you will find your profile account updated with that language
On Smart TV or Roku TV
People with smart TVs usually prefer to watch anything on their streaming platforms on the TV because it gives them the benefit of a bigger screen, better audio, better seating among other things. However, there’s another option of a Roku TV which is not necessarily the same as your regular smart TV.
- From within your profile in the TV, go to the left pane menu option using the remote
- Now go to your main profile by clicking on the profile icon
- After it gives you a few options, click on ‘Edit Profiles’
- It will take you back to the main menu where you can access all the different profiles you have made, select the one you wish to change the location for
- It will give you some options, here select ‘App Language’ or ‘Language’ depending on your TV
- After getting the list for different languages, select the one you wish to have
- Confirm by pressing ‘Done’, and that’s it, your menu and all written content will appear in the language of your preference
Change language in the Audio
Finally, onto the query for those who want to change the audio within the content you are watching. Many people don’t know that you can change the language of the narration or audio within the content, so it’s more accessible to you, generally, there are plenty of options for you to choose from.
- Play any movie or show in your Disney Plus profile and while it plays, press the * Button on your remote until you see a menu appear
- Here find the ‘Audio track’ option from the menu that appeared and change the language in audio from the available options it shows
- Reload your movie or show once after the change and enjoy it in the new language of your choice
How to manage Subtitles on Disney Plus?
The subtitles option for Disney Plus users is not too difficult to get to or even longer but it can be missed easily.
- Simply play whatever you are watching from your profile and click the ‘Up’ or down button from the remote
- It will make the menu or options for settings appear that have the ‘Subtitles’ option
- Here you will find the option to enable, disable, change language within subtitles for your content
Hopefully this guide on ‘how to change language on Disney Plus’ will help you make your experience on the platform more comfortable for you. It is an extremely good decision on the brand’s part to include as many diverse languages as they can, so their viewers from diverse backgrounds do not miss out on all the great content there is to watch. It’s a win-win for both sides.