Your home address is something that needs periodic updates, especially when your job/business involves constant relocation. After getting into a new home, the most important task after the paperwork is changing your home address on your iPhone.
But how to change home address on iPhone? Changing your home address is crucial and should be done as soon as you move to a new location. It can help in many different things, for instance, using Apple/Google Maps or auto-filling forms on your web browser.
If you have moved to a new house and want to learn how to change location on iPhone, keep scrolling. Below you will find all the simple methods to change your home address on your iPhone.
How to change home address on iPhone using Apple ID?
You can change your home address on your iPhone by simply changing the address on your Apple ID. But before you change that address, make sure you have used all of your subscriptions and Apple ID balance otherwise, you won’t be able to access them.
To change your Apple ID location/address, perform the following steps:
- Unlock your device and head to the Settings app
- Tap on your name on the top and right below the search bar
- Next, tap Payment & Shipping
- Once you get inside that option, you will find your address in the Billing Address section, tap to view the full details.
- Now remove your old address and enter your new address
- Once done, tap Done on the top right corner of your screen to confirm the changes
That’s all. Your address has been updated on your iPhone. Now you can continue using your Apple ID and purchase subscriptions and whatever you want.
How to change home address on iPhone on Autofill?
Honestly, the autofill feature has made our lives 1000x times easier. Like you don’t need to put in your address every time you sign-up anywhere. Therefore, it’s essential to update your autofill address for your convenience.
Following is how to change your address on Autofill:
- Unlock your iPhone by entering your passcode
- Go to the Call Menu and locate ‘Contacts’ at the bottom
- Tap the ‘Edit’ option on the top right corner of the screen
- Scroll down, locate the option ‘Add Address’ and tap
- Now enter your new address in the given space and save it
- Come back to the home page and open Settings
- Tap Safari and then choose AutoFill, residing under the General section
- Turn on the toggle for ‘Use Contact Info’
- Tap ‘My Info’ right below it and in the Address field, enter your new address and tap done.
That’s it. Doing so will change your location/Address on your iPhone. Now whenever the address section appears on your browser, your phone will ask you to autofill your new details.
How to change home address on iPhone using Maps Apps?
While the above two methods will update your address on your iPhone, you might need to restart your phone if they don’t take effect immediately. If that also doesn’t work, try to change the address directly on the Map Apps.
Change Home Location on Google Maps on iPhone
Google maps are by far the most user-friendly app for navigation in the world. If you use that on your iPhone as your default map app, then do the following to update your address/location on the app.
- Unlock your iPhone and type ‘Google Maps’ on the search bar on the home page.
- Find the hamburger icon on the top-left side of your screen and tap
- Once a list of options appears, tap Your Places
- A list of all your saved addresses will appear, tap horizontally aligned dots on the right side.
- Tap Edit Home
- Now tap the search bar and update your address, allowing Google Maps to add it automatically. (You can go for Choose on Map option if you don’t want to enter your address manually.
- Save the newly added address and your new location will be updated on Google Maps.
- Change Home Location on Apple Maps on iPhone
Those using built-in Apple Maps for navigation can follow the steps below to update their address on Apple Maps.
- Unlock your iPhone and open Apple Maps
- Once the app is opened, locate the ‘i’ icon in the top right corner of your screen
- Next, the Map Settings pop-up will appear, tap ‘Report an issue’ and then ‘Home’
If you have never added your address on Apple Maps, the app will direct you to the page where you can search for your home location. And those who have already set their address on the app, tap and swipe their current address to the left and select ‘Remove’.
- Next, tap ‘Add a Place or Address’
- Enter your new address
- Tap it when it appears in your search results
- Tap ‘Add’ to permanently save your new address to your Apple Maps
So that was the last method from our side to change the home address on iPhone. There might be more ways to do the deed, but we found our suggested ones the easiest of all.
Why should you change/update your address on your iPhone?
As we said above, changing your address is important for autofill and Maps applications on your iPhone. However, that is not all. Updating your address will help you receive location-based notifications as well as other processes. For instance, when you create an Apple ID, why do you think you need to provide your home address? It’s basically for the company so that they can reach you when necessary. Besides that, your current address is required for getting app subscriptions and in-app purchases from the iTunes store.
Below we have listed some other reasons to update your home address on iPhone.
The weather app on your iPhone uses your current location, GPS, Wi-Fi, and cell tower information to get you accurate weather alerts. If you have not added the current address on your iPhone, you may not be able to receive accurate weather notifications.
Avoid problems with Maps and Siri
When you don’t update your address, you are likely to get the wrong suggestions from Siri or Maps. Because when you ask Siri to suggest you nearby coffee shops, it will provide you with the results based on your previous address. And similarly, when you ask Google/Apple Maps for directions, it will show you routes from your old location.
Prevent Billing issues
When you update your billing address, it also changes your Apple ID address. This ensures that you will receive your goods at the right address when you make online purchases using your credit/debit card. Also, you can only get your goods delivered to the correct address if the address on your credit card statement is the same as your billing address.
Hopefully, the above-listed methods will work for you in updating your home address. If one method doesn’t work, go for the next two. We have personally tested all these methods, and they work perfectly fine. There are also third-party apps that update your personal information on your iPhone. However, you need to grant them permission to make changes to your device. While it is not a recommended method, as not all third-party apps are trustworthy, you can get one on your friend’s or family’s recommendation. Otherwise, the built-in method is always the safest option for you.