Zoom has been a lifesaver for many businesses, schools, and foundations. The surge of contagious diseases around the world has compelled people to connect virtually while keeping the momentum of working on. And to accommodate them with all its features applications like Zoom have played a vital role. But many times, people subscribe to extra features in order to enhance productivity but what if you want to get out of them? Talking about Zoom – How to cancel Zoom subscription? Let’s catch up to some of the easiest steps to do so in the article today.
How to cancel Zoom subscription?
If you have purchased a Zoom subscription and have been using it for a while but now you want to cancel or remove it, then you should know that you can cancel your subscription or any add-on at any time of your subscription period.
There are certain things that you should keep in mind before cancelling your subscription;
- If you made your purchase via a direct sales quote, all the adjustments will be done at the end of the subscription period. It is also specified on the terms of the subscription. In order to cancel or remove the subscription, you need to contact your Account Executive dedicated to your query at [email protected]
- If you are a member of a premium account, then you have to contact the owner of the account if you don’t have billing page access.
- For further information about cancelling your Zoom subscription, you must contact Zoom support or see Zoom’s terms and conditions page.
- Plus, it is also not possible to terminate your account if you have a Zoom paid subscription.
- For terminating your Zoom account, you will need to cancel Zoom’s membership first and then you would be able to deactivate your account.
How to delete or terminate Zoom account permanently
If you use the Zoom application as a basic user (free version), you can deactivate your account without making any major changes to your account. By adhering to the following steps, you can easily deactivate your account.
To do that, follow these steps;
- Log in to your Zoom account through the official Zoom site
- Go to Account Management, from the navigation menu look for the Account Profile option;
Click ‘Terminate my account’.
- Confirm that you want to terminate your account by clicking ‘Yes’. Your Zoom account will be then permanently deleted immediately after confirming.
- Your page will be automatically refreshed and it will take you to the Zoom site that briefly informs you about your account termination.
Steps involved in the cancellation of a paid Zoom subscription
To cancel your paid subscription, follow the methods mentioned below in the article;
- Log in to your Zoom account via the official Zoom website
- Go to your Profile page
- Look for the Account Management option, and click on the ‘Billing’ option
- Find out the plan you already have subscribed to under the Current Plan page and tap on the Cancel Subscription. This will terminate your subscription and will stop the subscription from automatically renewing.
Read More: How to remove Zoom Profile Picture
- To confirm cancelling your subscription, select cancel subscription.
- Once you confirm your cancellation, the Zoom would like to know the reason behind the action like why would you don’t want to continue your subscription.
- After selecting the reason for your cancellation, select Submit.
- Once you cancel the subscription, the status will be changed to cancel. For the remainder, you will be still able to use premium features for the remaining period of your subscription date.
In case you don’t want your plan to be cancelled anymore, you can always reactivate it by tapping Reactivate Plan.
While the cancellation of your subscription, instead of confirming, if it says Contact sales, then you would need to contact Zoom’s sales team or The Account Executive in order to cancel your plan.
How to cancel Zoom subscription for add-ons
Zoom offers add-ons to add to your Zoom account along with your subscription to have additional features in your Zoom account. Again if you want to cancel the Zoom subscription and the add-on, follow these steps;
- Log in to Zoom official website
- Under Account Management, find and select Billing
- Now, find the cancel subscription option for the add-on you want to end.
- Click on it which will stop the add-on from auto-renewing after the subscription date. Although, you can use the add-on feature for the rest of the days of the add-on renewal date.
How to apply for any refund from Zoom paid plans
If your Zoom account is eligible for a refund, asking for a refund from the official Zoom website would be possible on discontinuing your plan;
- Log in to your official Zoom account through the Zoom website
- Under the Account Management option, look and select Billing.
- Find and select the subscription that you want a refund for. Cancel your subscription first to stop it from renewing.
- Select and talk to the Help Centre if you think you are eligible for the Refund. The amount will be refunded to your Zoom account, check the next window.
- Click cancel the subscription and refund to accept the terms for refund and cancel the subscription.
Note – For a refund, the account must not be used once after the previous billing has been made for a subscription.
How to download Zoom meeting recordings
You’ll still be able to use the free version of Zoom once after you cancel your premium subscription. However, you won’t be able to use the premium features of Zoom including the record Zoom meeting option once you cancel your subscription.
If there are any meeting recordings in your account that you want to download, then do it before you end your subscription. Follow these steps to do so;
Find and click on the ‘Recording option’ present at the left side of the Zoom application screen
Once clicked, you’ll get the list of all the meeting recordings you have made on the next page
To download your recordings, click on download and select a location on your computer to successfully download it.
The option to download the recording can be viewed underneath every recording thumbnail.
Steps involved in downloading Zoom invoices
If you use your Zoom account for a commercial purpose, then you may be taxed for your premium subscription. In case you are investigated and you need to produce paperwork for it, then it’s possible to have your Zoom purchase history through Zoom invoices. Steps that are included in downloading your Zoom invoices are;
- Log in to your Zoom account through the Zoom website
- Click Account Management and then billing
- Once clicked locate and select ‘Invoice History’ from the top of the billing menu.
- This will display a list of all your payments and bills made through Zoom to purchase subscriptions and add-ons.
- Click ‘Export All’ to have all your invoices downloaded within seconds in a PDF version.
- In case you want any particular invoice or the invoices in a certain period of time, then select the check box right beside every invoice number and select ‘Export Selected’
Reactivating Zoom subscription
In order to reactivate the subscription that you cancelled before, try the following steps after logging in to your Zoom account.
- Start with looking for the same process of clicking to the Account management option and then billing from the left menu on the screen at the Zoom website.
- At the top of the page, look and click on the ‘Current Plans’
- Here, you will have your active and deactivated account subscriptions details.
- To reactivate your subscription, just click on ‘Reactivate Plan’ and follow the on-screen steps to re-subscribe the plan you have used before or select the newer one depending on your needs.
How to cancel Zoom subscription after 1 month?
- It is easy to cancel a Zoom subscription before the renewal date of your next subscription. If you do not cancel your membership before the expiration date of your subscription. It will be renewed automatically and you will be charged from your account. To know how, read the article carefully.
When does your Zoom meeting expire?
- You will never lose your Personal Meeting ID – PMI. If a non-recurring meeting is scheduled for more than 30 days ahead of time, the meeting link will expire before the meeting takes place. A recurring meeting ID will be available for the next 365 days after the last occurrence of the meeting.
For how long can you make Zoom free meetings?
- With the free version of the Zoom application, two people are allowed to be in the meeting for 24 hours. However, if they are three or up to 100 individuals, the free version allows having a meeting of only 40 minutes.
With the above discussion, you likely have all the information you need to know how to cancel a Zoom subscription. To wrap up, Zoom is a subscription-based service this means your plans will automatically get renewed once it reaches their due date. Therefore, If you want to cancel your subscription without being charged again for the next month, cancel it right now.