Often after placing an order, you change your mind. Candidly speaking, there should not be a reason required to cancel an order as long as no one is at loss. But cancelling an order after placing it would eventually burden the seller and affect your reputation. This means that if you want to buy anything from the seller in the future, you may not be considered. The same is the case with GameStop. This is the reason that we are writing this guide to answer ‘how to cancel GameStop order?’
The online shopping landscape has gone from a humble place to a place of aggressive competition. There are various options/platforms available for you to buy any particular product. Additionally, there are guides readily available for more popular platforms where purchases are made, such as Amazon and eBay. Finding a way around the procedures of a company that has less of a crowd can get difficult.
This guide will help you understand how to cancel your order with GameStop in case you have changed your mind after placing an order. It is important to keep in mind that they have a cancellation policy just like any reputable online business. In order to get an exchange/refund, you will have to fall under their cancellation policy requirements. Let’s see what the policy looks like:
Order Cancellation Policy:
- Orders related to any digital product such as content or games cannot be cancelled. Most of the time this situation takes place after you immediately make your payment and receive the product, therefore the process gets much more complicated.
- For any physical product, you need to cancel the order within the first 14 days after placing your order. Either that or before your order is shipped by the company. It is not difficult to understand why that would be a hassle for both sides. A plus is if you remember to cancel the order before the billing has taken place.
- In case you end up cancelling your order after it was already shipped, the delivery charges will be deducted from your card.
- Their refund policy takes 2 weeks, which means you will get your money back 14 days after you have cancelled your order.
- The company waits to receive the product before sending out your refund. It gets to you through the same procedure you used to pay for the product.
- Go to GameStop’s website.
- You will find the account button on your top right side.
- Sign in to your account, you must have one since you placed an order.
- Go to the dashboard.
- Your list of previous orders will show near the main menu. Go to the previous orders. Find the one you want to cancel.
- In case your order has been shipped, you will find no cancel order button. In any other case, you will find one, click on that.
- Follow whatever other instructions it gives you or guides you to.
And that’s all on the policy and method to cancel your order. Hope this answers your questions ‘how to cancel GameStop order’ and helps you with the procedure in time.