Several hours of investigation conducted by the FBI at Gabby Petito’s fiancé Laundrie’s home ended this Monday in Florida. However, the officials are still investigating the man’s outlook who left his home as per his family’s statement and has not returned. 

FBI takes boxes of evidence from Brian Laundrie’s home, tows car

On Sunday September 19, the officials found human remains consistent with Gabby Petito’s description in Wyoming’s Bridger-Teton National Forest, which resides on the eastern side of the Grand Teton National Park. The officials scheduled an autopsy to learn the identity. 

Twenty-two years old Petito had been traveling with his fiancé Laundrie in a white van. They traveled from New York to the American West throughout the summer. However, Laundrie came back home on September 1 in their white van, but he was alone. Gabby Petito’s family reported her missing on September 11. 

Joshua Taylor, North Port Public officer, revealed to CNN that their agents escorted Laundrie’s parents, Roberta and Christopher, on their way back home so they could launch a search warrant. They were called back inside after a while for further questioning. 

According to Laundrie’s parents, their child has not returned home since last week. Thereby, the police launched a search for him in the nearby nature reserve. 

On Monday, Taylor said, the investigators have now shifted their attention after they “exhausted all avenues in searching the grounds there,”

Steven P. Bertolino, Laundrie’s attorney, said he would schedule a press conference but later canceled it, as allegedly, the FBI requested him to cancel it. 

The investigators found a hard drive from the van they towed after executing a search warrant last week.

It was found out that Petito had sent multiple SMS and made calls to her mother, and during those phone conversations, there “appeared to be more and more tension between her and Laundrie,” – the report says. 

On August 27, Petito’s mother last talked to her daughter. She called that last conversation an “Odd Text”.  

The message said, “Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls.”

Since the messages referred to Gabby Petito’s grandfather, it concerned her mother as she said she could sense something was not right – states the warrant. 

After that last message, Gabby Petito stopped her social media activity and did not contact her mother again. 

On August 30, another text was sent by her saying, “No service in Yosemite,”. However, her family doubts that their daughter sent the message.