Ever since Facebook – now Meta has launched its own marketplace, its user base has been multiplied. And why shouldn’t it? The platform is no more just a social networking site, it provides business to millions of people through its marketplace. However, sometimes users complain that their Facebook marketplace not working, which is not a big problem. There could be several issues messing up with your Facebook marketplace.
From minor to major, we have compiled all the issues preventing the marketplace from working properly and their possible solutions. From your end, you need to ensure that you follow all the steps as they are and test them after implementation to check if your issue has been resolved. Also, don’t forget to go through why this problem happens. So, let’s begin the guide!
Why is Facebook Marketplace not working?
For many reasons, the Facebook marketplace stops functioning properly on your device. After doing thorough research on the topic and visiting multiple sites, we have come up with some most common issues preventing the Facebook marketplace from working properly on your device.
- Browser Cache: For those who don’t know, the cache is the stored files that help make future requests for that data load faster for those who don’t know. Sometimes, the cache causes misconfiguration problems with the Facebook marketplace and inhibits it to function properly. Therefore, whenever you encounter issues while opening the Facebook marketplace, first try to resolve it by clearing your browser cache.
- Incorrect login: Sometimes, the Facebook marketplace does not run due to the users being unable to log in to their Facebook account linked to the Facebook marketplace. Therefore, it is advised to refresh the login page and check again to see if it’s working fine.
- Browser Extensions: Users who have downloaded weird or suspicious extensions in their browsers often face problems launching the marketplace on their device. To resolve this issue, you should disable all the extensions and enable them one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
- Browser problems: Misconfigured browser setting also causes issues with the Facebook marketplace. Therefore, it is recommended that you check your browser settings and adjust their configurations to detect the underlying issues.
- Unconfigured Facebook Marketplace Setting: In order to run the Facebook marketplace normally, its settings have to be properly configured.
In the following, we have listed possible solutions as well as discussed how to set marketplace configurations to launch it smoothly.
Things to do before implementation
Before you begin checking for the internal issues, try to resolve your problem by restarting your device first. It helps refresh the background applications and resolves most of the issues. If that doesn’t help, uninstall the Facebook app from your gadget and then download it again.
Sometimes the marketplace causes problems to launch when you use an unsupported device. To check if your device is compatible with running the Facebook marketplace, you can install the app in another latest gadget. Furthermore, you will also require a fast internet connection to smoothly run the marketplace on your device. You can either use an ethernet cable for fast internet or sit closer to the router.
Solutions – How to access Facebook Marketplace
Clear the Cache and All the Temporary Data
When you are trying to launch the Facebook marketplace but are unable to do so, know that it’s your browser cache that is messing up with it and preventing it from launching. However, you can resolve this issue by clearing up all the previous data from your browser history. Below we have discussed how to do it step by step.
- Open Google Chrome on your PC, Laptop, iPad or whatever device you use to access Facebook.
- Click the vertical three dots at the top right corner of your screen.
- From the list, select ‘More Tools’ and then ‘Clear Browsing Data.
- Here you will get the option to select a time range from when you want to delete data. it‘s preferable to select ‘ All Time’ if you do have not something important to keep.
- Tick the boxes beside ‘Cookies and Other Site Data’ and ‘Cached Images and Files’.
- Finally, click ‘Clear Data’ and then restart your device.
Once your device is restarted, try to launch the marketplace again to see if the issue has been resolved.
Note: if you use a browser other than chrome, you can check their support website for detailed instructions to clear the cache.
Log in to Facebook again
Often times some Facebook-related problems happen when you keep logged in to your account for a long time. To check if the ‘Facebook marketplace not working’ issue is due to this problem, log out of your Facebook account and then wait for a few minutes and log in back. Once you are in your account, relaunch the marketplace to check if it’s working fine.
Reinstall your Browser
As we have already mentioned before, your browser likely causes issues when it is not properly configured. However, reinstalling it can help for sure. Follow the steps below to reinstall your browser.
- Turn on your PC or laptop and search ‘Run’ in the search bar at the bottom of your screen.
- When a box pops up, type ‘Control Panel’ there and wait for it to open.
- Now look for the ‘Add or Remove Program’ option and select ‘Google Chrome’ from the given options of installed apps.
- Select Chrome, make a right click then choose ‘uninstall’.
- Once it’s done, install it back by clicking here and comply with the on-screen instructions.
After reinstalling Chrome, log in to Facebook again and open the Facebook marketplace. Most probably, you won’t encounter that problem again.
Get help from Facebook Help Center
Before you go for this solution, make sure your Facebook app is updated. If not, then first update it because sometimes the Facebook marketplace causes problems when your app is not updated to its latest version. However, if you still see the same issue, continue with the following solution after updating.
Head to the Facebook Help Center, describe your problem, and their team will look into the matter to resolve it for you.
Disable Browser Extensions
As discussed previously, certain browser extensions cause problems with your Facebook marketplace and inhibit it from working properly. Therefore, disabling them might resolve your issue. Here’s how you can disable your browser extensions.
- Open Google Chrome on your device.
- Select the three vertically aligned dots on the top right corner of your screen.
- Select ‘More Tools’ and then ‘Extensions’ from the drop-down list.
- Now, disable all the extensions one by one.
- Refresh your browser, log in to Facebook and check the marketplace to see if the problem is still there.
Submit appeal to the Facebook Marketplace
You have to comply with the Facebook marketplace rules to get access to the market. However, if you violate them, the admin can remove you from the marketplace, which might be why you are unable to run it on your device. If that is the case for sure, you have to submit an appeal form to the marketplace. Just follow the steps below and you will get the access back.
- Log into your Facebook account and open the marketplace. You will find it at the bottom of your screen on your phone.
- Select ‘Request Review’ and fill out the ‘Request Form’.
- Wait until you get a notification from Facebook in your ‘Support Inbox’.
- Once your request gets accepted, you can access the marketplace.
Note: you might have to wait for a while to get the notification from Facebook so it is recommended that you frequently visit ‘Support Inbox’ to get the message asap.
Update your Account Settings
Sometimes, you cannot open the Facebook marketplace on your device despite having an old Facebook account. So how to access Facebook marketplace then? Firstly, update your account settings. Make sure you have kept the language ‘American English’, and your selected location is included in the list of countries accepted on the marketplace. The reconfiguration will certainly help you resolve this issue. Also, you can send an appeal to the marketplace to get the problem checked.
Open Facebook Marketplace from Menu
If you cannot find the Marketplace icon on Facebook, then try to access it from the Facebook app. Here is how to locate it:
- Open the Facebook app
- Tap the three horizontally aligned lines on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Under ‘All Shortcuts’ you will find the ‘Marketplace’ option.
- Click and configure it accordingly.
Check if it was helpful to access the marketplace. If not, then move on to the next solution.
Install another Browser
Since browser can be an underlying cause inhibiting marketplace from working properly, you can try switching to a different browser. Download any browser (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer etc.) according to your preference and then open the marketplace through it. If you can access the marketplace from a different browser, it means it’s working.
Join Other Buy & Sell Groups on Facebook
Since active Facebook accounts are likely to face such issues, you can resolve them by joining other buy and sell groups on Facebook linked to the Facebook Marketplace. Being active in that group and posting often to interact with the group members can help you access the marketplace.
Losing access to Facebook Marketplace could be frustrating if it was your go-to shopping platform. But now, when something like that happens, you know what to do, right? You can either take help from this YouTube guide or call Facebook customer support at (+1 877-398-6240) in case none of our stated solutions works.
Is Facebook marketplace down
Ever wondered why your Facebook not working? Facebook marketplace doesn’t go down unless there is a big technical glitch around the globe. Otherwise, it works completely fine. Moreover, whenever such technical issues occur, Facebook reaches out to their vast user base via an official statement to apologize and state the date and timings till when the issues will be resolved.
Facebook Marketplace not working on iPhone 2021
Log out from Facebook and wait for a while and log in back. Chances are, your issue will be resolved. However, if it’s still there, uninstall the app and install it back.
Facebook Marketplace not working Android
Firstly, check that you have an updated version of the Facebook app. After that, log in to your Facebook account and find the marketplace icon, if it’s not there at the button of your screen or doesn’t appear upon searing as well, then it means the marketplace is not available in your region. You can try other methods to access the marketplace, like opening Facebook using a VPN or something.
Facebook Marketplace search not working
Most of the time we encounter such issues when our browser is stuffed with previous search history and other unnecessary stored files. Refer to the above-stated solutions to clear data and then try opening the marketplace again. Hopefully, you will find your issue resolved.
Why does Marketplace crash on iPad?
The primary reason could be you have not updated your device’s software. We are not talking about updating the Facebook app here. You need to check for your device’s software updates. All you need to do is just go to General > Software Update and the pending updates will appear there.
How to access Facebook marketplace
Despite trying the above-listed methods, if someone is still unable to access the Facebook Marketplace, then he/she must be under 18. Facebook marketplace restricts access to users who are 18 or less due to its policies.
Can Businesses sell stuff on the Marketplace?
Of course! As long as you comply with the marketplace’s rules, you can sell stuff through it. However, it will throw you out if you go against the stated guidelines.