Ever since Apple launched its digital payment method, life has become much easier for iPhone users. Apart from being a convenient payment method, Apple pay is accepted by 85% of retailers solely in the United States.
Regardless of its widespread usage, several people ask, ‘does Amazon take Apple Pay. We also had this question in mind until we researched whether the digital wallet is valid on Amazon. Read below what we found about it.
Does Amazon take Apple Pay online?
We hate to break this to you but unfortunately, Amazon is not among the two million retailers that take Apple pay. However, that’s not the end of the story. Amazon does accept cards in your Apple Wallet to bill your purchases.
Besides that, Amazon accepts all major debit and credit cards as well as EBTs and personal checking accounts.
If you are curious about Amazon’s alternatives to Apple Pay, continue reading.
Why doesn’t Amazon accept Apple Pay?
It is quite implicit why Amazon doesn’t take Apple Pay. However, we will explain it to you if you have been living under the rock. Amazon won’t take payments via Apple Pay as they both are rivals to each other.
In 2016, Amazon launched its own payment system called Amazon Pay which was launched in India and later in Singapore, Japan and Australia.
Amazon launched ‘Amazon Local Register’ a credit card reader via which users can pay for their goods and services without needing to connect to a Wi-Fi network. Though this device, users can also make other cash payments using PayPal if they are unable to access their credit or debit card.
Apple Inc. created a payment solution on Amazon called Apple cash, through which users can pay for their purchases from participating stores digitally with the help of their Apple devices, including iPads. It is an alternative to Apple pay and provides a safe way for transactions with Amazon.
How to pay on Amazon using Apple Cards?
Another way to pay for your purchases on Amazon is through Apple cards. It is another best alternative to Apple Pay.
Apple Cards were designed in August 2019 mainly to be used on iPhones and Apple Watches to pay for online purchases. And since the tech giant uses MasterCard as it’s payment processing network, retailers who take MasterCard also take Apple Cards.
How to use Apple Cards?
To use Apple Cards on Amazon, you need to add them to your digital wallet on Amazon. Following are the instructions to add your Apple Card on Amazon:
- Unlock your phone and open the Amazon app
- Navigate the account icon at the bottom of your screen and tap
- Under the Payment section, tap ‘Your Payments’
- Go to the Wallet section, tap ‘+Add’ beside ‘Cards & Accounts
- Next, select ‘Add a credit or debit card.’
- Provide your card information when prompted. (Note: If you don’t have your Apple Card number, go to Wallet, select the credit card icon in the top right corner, copy the number, come back to the Amazon app and paste it over there.)
- Once the card info has been entered, check the Set as default payment method box to use the card every time you make a transaction.
- Tap Save to add the card to your Amazon account payment method successfully.
Set your Apple Card as a default payment method on your Amazon account so that every time you purchase from their website, it will automatically charge from your Apple Card. However, if you haven’t set it as a default, you need to do the following:
- After adding things to your cart, proceed to the ‘Place Your Order’ page.
- Go to ‘Payment Information
- Choose ‘Apple Card’ as your payment method and tap Continue.
- Go on with the checkout process as you normally would
Does Amazon take Apple Pay Cash?
Unfortunately, Amazon does not accept Apple Pay Cash either. However, you can do one thing, transfer Apple Cash to your bank account. Now you can use your normal debit or credit card to pay for your purchases on Amazon.
As of now, Amazon does not take Apple Pay, but there are other ways to pay for your purchases on Amazon through your Apple device. For instance, you can use Amazon’s own digital wallet app to pay for your goods and services on the retailer’s website or app. All you need to do is download the app, add your credit or debit card information in the Manage Payment Option, provide all the information it asks for and get going. Once you have done all that, you will be able to use your normal cards on Amazon regardless of your device type.