Are you a sucker for anime? If so, you probably have got a Crunchyroll subscription. Indeed, the platform offers thousands of anime shows, however, you might want to cancel its subscription due to bad video quality, poor subtitles, and unbearable app quality.
If you have found your alternative to Crunchyroll and want to get rid of it, here we are to help you out. This comprehensive guide will teach you how to cancel a Crunchyroll subscription/membership using different devices with unique software.
However, before we begin learning how to cancel Crunchyroll’s subscription, let’s first understand how this platform works. If you already know these details, skip to the main part.
What is Crunchyroll and how does it work?
Crunchyroll is a streaming platform for anime that hosts 1000 titles and 30,000 episodes of jaw-dropping shows. It offers both free and paid versions to its users. The free version contains ads; the latter is free from ads though it charges a decent fee. Apart from the distribution of anime from famous Japanese content creators, Crunchyroll offers its own exclusive shows via Crunchyroll original.
The streaming service is accessible through various devices including, Android, IOS, PlayStation4, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, etc.
As we said above, you can access the platform through several devices and gaming platforms. It offers different plans to its viewers. For instance, if you sign up for its free account, you will get access to its premium content for a week with ads.
Crunchyroll cancel subscription
Crunchyroll offers different subscription plans to its varied subscribers, which include; Premium service FAN, Mega Fan (1-month), Mega Fan (12-month). If you have any of them, you can follow the below methods to cancel your subscription.
1. How to cancel a Crunchyroll subscription via PayPal?
If you have used your PayPal account to pay for your subscription, then you can follow the instructions below to cancel your membership.
- Open PayPal
- Login to your account
- Look for your transaction with Crunchyroll
- In the fee details section, select ‘Manage Crunchyroll Payment’
- A page will open showing your billing information, look for options ‘Active’ or ‘Cancel’
- Tap on ‘cancel’ to end your membership with Crunchyroll.
- A prompt will appear to confirm the cancellation, tap ‘Yes’
By doing so, your subscription will end. You can cross-check the termination of membership under the billing section.
2. How to cancel a Crunchyroll subscription via Credit Card?
If you have paid for the service directly from your credit card. Follow these steps to cancel your subscription.
- Open Crunchyroll’s official website
- Log in to your Crunchyroll account.
- Open ‘Account’ page
- Choose ‘Cancel’
That’s how easily you can cancel your Crunchyroll subscription using your account on it.
3. How to cancel a Crunchyroll subscription via Roku Pay?
If you have subscribed to Crunchyroll via Roku Pay, the following instructions will help you terminate it conveniently.
- Press the Home button on your ‘Roku’ remote
- Navigate the service you want to cancel
- Press the ‘*’ button to come on the options menu
- Go to ‘Manage Subscriptions’ to check the renewal date
- Tap ‘Cancel Subscriptions’ to end your Crunchyroll membership
- A prompt will appear confirming the time period of continued access
- Select, ‘Cancel Subscription
Lastly, you will receive a confirmation message for service cancelation and confirming your last day to access it. Select ‘Done’ and your work is done.
How to cancel Crunchyroll membership on mobile?
If you were wondering how to cancel your subscription using your mobile phone, below is your answer.
1. How to cancel your Crunchyroll membership via iTunes?
If you own an Apple device, below is how you can cancel your subscription using iTunes:
- Unlock your device and open Settings
- Tap your name
- Then Subscriptions
- A list of all your subscribed services will appear, select the one you want to cancel
- Tap ‘Cancel Subscription’
That’s it. You have successfully unsubscribed to your Crunchyroll service.
2. How to cancel your Crunchyroll membership via Play Store?
If you have an Android device, getting rid of the Crunchyroll membership is much easier. All you need to do is:
- Unlock your device and tap Play Store
- Open your Google Account
- Open ‘My Subscriptions’
- Choose the one you want to cancel
- Tap ‘Manage’ and ‘Cancel Subscription’
- Tap ‘Yes’ to get going
There could be several reasons why one would want to cancel their Crunchyroll subscription. The above-stated are all tried and trusted methods to cancel Crunchyroll membership. However, in case you face any hurdle in canceling the subscription on the Crunchyroll website, reach out to them through their ‘Contact Us’ page. Your query will instantly get resolved.