Chicago- A shooting dispute in downtown Chicago resulted in the death of two men while injuring three other men.
According to the police, a person opened gunfire in a heated verbal dispute in the early hours of Friday.
According to the initial reports, all the five men who were shot were leaving the premises at about 1:45 a.m, when they got into a heated dispute with the said person who opened fire at them. He used a handgun.
The police stated that the two men who died in the hospital were in their twenties, whereas, the other men were older and were injured.
The wounded men are said to be in stable condition now.
The suspected shooter was not released but he is not in custody as well. The investigation has begun to determine the cause of the dispute and gunfire. According to the reports, the incident took place near the Chicago fire department station.
The shooting episode is a matter of concern for the residents of Chicago as the ongoing gun violence in Chicago cannot be curtailed by strict policies of the government.
So far, this year Chicago recorded the same number of homicides as there were last year. Just a few months ago two people died in a fast food joint while seven were injured when a dispute erupted causing the fatal incident.
These two people lost their lives in a very violent 7 hours span, where the city of Chicago witnessed at least 15 people being shot in different parts of the city.
The violence surges once again as police Supt. David Brown and Mayor Lori Lightfoot are scheduled to be briefing the reporters to conceive a safety plan for the holiday weekend ahead. The Fourth of July weekend, which is usually one of the most horrifically violent times in Chicago.