AEO and Aerie are well-known retailers in the US that offer T-shirts, trendy denim, and other apparel for everyone.
To make payments at these stores you can utilize two credit cards and get the benefit of additional savings and deals.
If you have been thinking of applying for an American Eagle Credit Card, here is what you should learn about the card and your eligibility.
Features & Advantages of American Eagle Credit Card
- 20% off the first order at AEO
- Shipping is still free on regular orders
- Accumulate bonus points on the stores of American Eagle
- Coupon for 20% off your birthday
- Coupon for Personal Shopping Day
American Eagle Card Application
There are two cards that American Eagle has to offer, one is the store card that is to be used at AEO stores and the other one is the Visa card which can assist you anywhere where Visa payments are entertained.
You can apply for each of the two cards on the website of American Eagle.
If you are refused an application for the AE Connected Visa card, you may be eligible for a store card.
What is the minimum required Credit Score?
Store cards are relatively very easily approved, so this could be an alternative if you experienced small credit issues previously.
If you have a poor FICO credit score, store cards can be an excellent way for good credit building.
With a score in the upper 500s or lower 600s, you may apply for the AE card.
The AE Visa card, on the other hand, has a higher credit score requirement.
You can aim for a score in the low 700s. You can be eligible for the Visa even with a lower mid 600s score and it all depends upon the situation of your credit.
Whether you have experienced financial issues in the past or have no credit background, you have a higher chance of being approved for the store card as compared to any other.
What are the Rewards and Benefits?
Both American Eagle Credit cards offer a variety of rewards and incentives to customers and AEO fans who purchase them.
For example, a discount of 20% is given to new cardholders on their initial purchase at AEO. Additionally, you are also given points as you use any of the two cards.
Accumulated points may be redeemed for discounts at stores of Aerie and American Eagle. you get 15 points for every dollar spent at Aerie or AEO using a store card.
Additionally, if you use the Visa card, you get 5 points for every dollar spent on anything else.
With every 2,500 points, you are entitled to a reward of $10 which is redeemable at AE shops. You are also subjected to a discount of 20% on your birthday each year which can be used at any of the two stores. You are also informed about special sales events.
Bonuses Comparison with Other Cards
The AE Card offers a 20% discount bonus on your initial purchase at AEO. It’s a nice perk if you’re already considering a shopping trip or if you’re in the market for fresh denim.
It is, though, not the most desirable sign-up incentive available. Other reward-based credit cards usually deliver hundreds of US dollars to entice potential card members.
Additionally, you can use the incentive discount only at Aerie or American Eagle stores. It is not as adaptable as the reward of cash.
Other credit cards offer incentives that may be used for cash or balance credit on every transaction.
How Rewards stack up?
When you use your American Eagle Card, you certainly have a chance to collect points that you can use for your savings on your future purchases at AEO.
With the American Eagle Credit Card, you get a 6 cent reward on each dollar you spent, however, in the case of the Visa card you are getting less than a cent on each dollar you spent as a reward.
Credit cards like the United States Bank Cash+ Visa Signature allow you to select the category in which you receive 5% cashback, with stores of clothing such as AEO.
Additionally, the Discover It Credit Card offers a cashback of 5% for revolving types (changes quarterly). Frequently, the segments cover discount and clothing stores, as well as cashback of 1% for all other sales.
Thus, even though there is no group for American Eagle orders, you will always collect 1% cashback on them.
Both the US Discover it and Bank Cash+Visa Signature Cards offer cashback on other purchases.
A significant benefit is that you can claim or redeem your cash back in the form of a direct deposit, statement credit, or a check. You can utilize rewards easily and they are in the form of cash and can be used everywhere.
How to make Online Payments through an American Eagle Credit Card?
Now when you know what rewards and bonuses you will get once you have your very own American Eagle credit card, you must be worried about how to make payments and claim them.
Making online payments through an American Eagle credit card is super easy. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to the American Eagle credit card login page. If you don’t have an account yet, make an account by tapping on sign up.
- You have to register yourself first in order to avail the perks of your American Eagle credit card. The credentials that you would need include your mother’s maiden name, the last four digits of your Social Security number, your date of birth, and your email address.
- Once providing the information, set up your account with a username and password.
- By entering your routing number and bank account information to proceed with your online payment methods.
- Click to pay online and follow the instructions.
On the other hand, if you are someone who doesn’t want to make an online account, but just wants to avail of the payment feature, you have other options as well.
- Visit the login page. This time tap on the ‘Pay as Guest’ option.
- Without giving any other information or registering yourself as a user, enter your American Eagle credit card number, the last 4 digits of your social security number along your billing zip code.
- Click on next and follow the instructions to proceed with your payment.
Making an American Eagle Credit Card Payment by Mail
Making online payments through mail greatly depends on your type of card and the location. Whether you have a Visa Card or Real Reward store card, you will need to:
- You have to purchase a money order or write a check with the least amount of money due.
- Attach the coupon from your payment statement or mention your bank account number on the money order or on the check. In case you miss any of the information, your payment can be delayed to 5 working days.
- Depending on your card type, mail your payment to:
- AE or Aerie Real Rewards Store Card
P.O. Box 530942
Atlanta, GA 30353-0942
- AE or Aerie Real Rewards Visa
P.O. Box 960013
Orlando, FL 32896-0013
Making an American Eagle Credit Card Payment by Phone
Paying for an American eagle credit card over the phone is also easy. Use this free automated system by following the simple steps below:
- Make a call to the number assigned for your credit card, it can be one of these:
- AEO Connected credit card: 800-843-0875
- AEO Connected Visa Credit card: 866-913-6765
- Pressing ‘2’ through your keypad will move you ahead in the process. Follow the IVR for further instructions.
- Provide the account number attached with the Visa or Credit card through your phone.
- When the system prompts about the payment, say or select ‘ Make a Payment.
- Keep following the system IVR to complete the payment process.
Since you won’t be charged for making payments through your phone using an automated system. You may need to pay a fee for using the automated system by contacting a CS agent.
APR on AE Store Cards
As is the case with the majority of retail cards, the AE Store Credit Card and AE Visa Credit Card have a relatively high annual percentage rate (APR), particularly in comparison to other cards.
When you hold debt, you’re likely to wind up spending a lot of interest. As a consequence, all benefits or bonuses earned by the card are effectively missed or canceled.
To maximize the benefits of any American Eagle card, it’s imperative that you pay your balance in full per month by the due date.
If, on the other hand, you regularly hold a balance month after month, you stand a greater chance of qualifying for a reduced APR with other bonus credit cards.
If you’re thinking about whether you will qualify for an American Eagle Card or another rewards card, you can consider your credit ranking first.
If you have a poor credit score, the only bet for a loyalty plan is a shop card, which might be perfect if you like American Eagle or Aerie wear.
Additionally, whether you properly utilize the card and maintain the portfolio, will help you improve your credit rating.
On the other side, if your credit score is marginally better, you could be eligible for more bonus credit cards.
Neither of the American Eagle Cards offers much in comparison to other cards in the market. Through these additional credit cards, you can receive extra cashback and discounts for all your purchases.