|Key Takeaway: |
If you are a regular shopper at AEO stores, American Eagle Credit card is your savior. It is easier to apply and offers big rewards and cash back. It has a $0 annual fee but a high annual percentage rate. Also, it will take some time for new users to get used to its reward system, but it is worth the effort.
Where do you go for your college outfits shopping? Zara is indeed outstanding, but don’t you think it is a bit pricey for students who hardly meet ends?
What if we say there is a better option for you? American Eagle Outfitters, which describes itself as an “American jeans brand rooted in authenticity and self-expression,” offers an affordable shopping arena with trendy designs for tees, jeans, trousers, loungewear, etc for teenagers.
If you wish to get further discounts on it, you should consider getting an American Eagle Credit card. This guide will help you understand different American Eagle Credit card types, what benefits each offers, and how to apply for them.
Top 5 Perks of American Eagle Credit Card
2 Types of American Eagle Credit Cards
American Eagles Credit card has two versions. Each has unique perks like loyalty programs, rewards, etc. Let’s check the two different types of it:
AEO Connected Credit Card:
The AEO Connected Credit Card is basically an in-store-only card specially designed for teen shoppers to shop from all AEO stores and accumulate reward points for discounts.
AEO Connected Visa:
The AEO Connected Visa card is more like an all-rounder version of the previous one but is accepted anywhere, and Visa payments are entertained apart from AEO stores.
AEO Connected Credit Card v/s AEO Connected Visa
|AEO Connected Credit Card||AEO Connected Visa|
|Perks|| || |
|APR||$28.24% (variable)||$28.24% (variable)|
|Late Fee||Up to $38||Up to $38|
|Accepted at||AEO, AEO Factory Stores, AE.com, Aerie, and aerie.com.||Anywhere Visa is entertained|
As shown in the above table, both credit cards have more or less the same benefits. That said, the Visa card is more like an all-rounder and gives you points on shopping outside of AEO/Arie stores.
4 Steps to Apply for an American Eagle Credit Card
Follow these steps to apply for any of the American Eagle Credit Cards:
- Head to the American Eagle website and choose your desired card from the given options.
- Provide your SSN/ITIN number as well as your cell phone number
- Follow the onscreen instructions and provide all the required information
- Once done, hit the Submit option
What is the minimum required Credit Score for Credit and Visa Cards?
Store cards are relatively very easily approved, so this could be an alternative if you experienced small credit issues previously.
- If you have a poor FICO credit score, store cards can be an excellent way to good credit building.
- With a score in the upper 500s or lower 600s, you may apply for the AE card.
- The AE Visa card, on the other hand, has a higher credit score requirement.
- You can aim for a score in the low 700s. You can be eligible for the Visa even with a lower mid-600s score and it all depends upon the situation of your credit.
Whether you have experienced financial issues in the past or have no credit background, you have a higher chance of being approved for the store card as compared to any other.
6 Rewards and Benefits of AE Credit and Visa Cards
Both American Eagle Credit cards offer a variety of rewards and incentives to customers and AEO fans who purchase them.
- A discount of 20% is given to new cardholders on their initial purchase at AEO. Additionally, you are also given points as you use any of the two cards.
- Accumulated points may be redeemed for discounts at stores of Aerie and American Eagle. you get 15 points for every dollar spent at Aerie or AEO using a store card.
- If you use the Visa card, you get 5 points for every dollar spent on anything else.
- With every 2,500 points, you are entitled to a reward of $10 which is redeemable at AE shops.
- You are also subjected to a discount of 20% on your birthday each year which can be used at any of the two stores.
- You are also informed about special sales events.
6 Major Drawbacks of American Eagle Credit & Visa
All American Eagle Cards have their own set of drawbacks that may cause you rethink before applying for them.
- 24% purchase APR for both the cards
- Cash advance APR of 29.24% for Visa Card
- 10% to 5% on each Cash Advance
- 3% for every foreign transaction
- $2 minimum interest payment for both cards
- $38 late fee for both cards
How do Rewards stack up?
When you use your American Eagle Card, you certainly have a chance to collect points that you can use for your savings on your future purchases at AEO.
With the American Eagle Credit Card, you get a 6-cent reward on each dollar you spent, however, in the case of the Visa card you are getting less than a cent on each dollar you spent as a reward.
Credit cards like the United States Bank Cash+ Visa Signature allow you to select the category in which you receive 5% cashback, with stores of clothing such as AEO.
Additionally, the Discover It Credit Card offers a cashback of 5% for revolving types (changes quarterly). Frequently, the segments cover discount and clothing stores, as well as cashback of 1% for all other sales.
Thus, even though there is no group for American Eagle orders, you will always collect 1% cashback on them.
Both the US Discover it and Bank Cash+Visa Signature Cards offer cashback on other purchases.
A significant benefit is that you can claim or redeem your cashback in the form of a direct deposit, statement credit, or a check. You can utilize rewards easily and they are in the form of cash and can be used everywhere.
3 Ways to Make Payments through an American Eagle Credit Card
Making online payments through an American Eagle credit card is super easy. Here’s how you can do it.
Method 1 – Pay Online:
- Go to the American Eagle credit card login page. If you don’t have an account yet, make an account by tapping on sign up.
- You have to register yourself first in order to avail the perks of your American Eagle credit card. The credentials that you would need include your mother’s maiden name, the last four digits of your Social Security number, your date of birth, and your email address.
- Once providing the information, set up your account with a username and password.
- By Entering your routing number and bank account information to proceed with your online payment methods.
- Click to pay online and follow the instructions.
Pay as Guest Online
If you are someone who doesn’t want to make an online account, but just wants to avail of the payment feature, you have other options as well.
- Visit the login page. This time tap on the ‘Pay as Guest’ option.
- Without giving any other information or registering yourself as a user, enter your American Eagle credit card number, the last 4 digits of your social security number along your billing zip code.
- Click on next and follow the instructions to proceed with your payment.
Method 2 – Pay by Mail:
Making online payments through mail greatly depends on your type of card and the location. Whether you have a Visa Card or Real Reward store card, you will need to:
- You have to purchase a money order or write a check with the least amount of money due.
- Attach the coupon from your payment statement or mention your bank account number on the money order or on the check. In case you miss any of the information, your payment can be delayed to 5 working days.
- Depending on your card type, mail your payment to:
- AE or Aerie Real Rewards Store Card
P.O. Box 530942
Atlanta, GA 30353-0942
- AE or Aerie Real Rewards Visa
P.O. Box 960013
Orlando, FL 32896-0013
Method 3 – Pay by Phone:
Paying for an American eagle credit card over the phone is also easy. Use this free automated system by following the simple steps below:
- Make a call to the number assigned for your credit card, it can be one of these:
- AEO Connected credit card: 800-843-0875
- AEO Connected Visa Credit card: 866-913-6765
- Pressing ‘2’ through your keypad will move you ahead in the process. Follow the IVR for further instructions.
- Provide the account number attached with the Visa or Credit card through your phone.
- When the system prompts about the payment, say or select Make a Payment.
- Keep following the system IVR to complete the payment process.
Since you won’t be charged for making payments through your phone using an automated system. You may need to pay a fee for using the automated system by contacting a CS agent.
If you are frequent apparel shopper at AEO stores, you can consider getting an American Eagle Connected Card. You can stack up points on every purchase and make the most of coupons and offers that it offers every now and then.
On the contrary, if you are looking for an all-rounder solution and just don’t want to limit yourself to AEO stores, get a Visa card as it is acceptable at every store Visa is entertained. You can get discounts and offers as well as stack up points on every purchase from their listed stores.
Lastly, neither of the American Eagle Cards offers much in comparison to other cards in the market. Through these additional credit cards, you can receive extra cashback and discounts for all your purchases.